The report, which has been published in the latest Building magazine, identifies the following key changes for the quarter:
- Construction inflation measures all falling.
- Electrical cost inflation zero over the last year.
- Consumer price inflation higher than construction price inflation and forecast fall being stubbornly resisted.
- Higher oil prices have impacted trades such as roadbuilding.
- Lower metals prices have brought cladding costs down.
- Manufacturing industries’ input costs sharply lower.
- Plumbers in England and Wales are the only trade so far to receive any wage increase in 2012.
To read the Cost Update in full please click the download link on the left.